How to Engage a Copywriter
In my first blog, I discussed how engaging a copywriter can support you and your small business. To summaraise, using a copywriter can help you:
- Manage your time better – free up your time and focus on your products or services
- Reduce your stress – you’re not expected to know how to do everything. Identifying what to outsource within your small business can be liberating
- Peace of mind – I know how to connect with your audience.
Following that recap, you might be wondering how to go about engaging me. Reaching out is your first step – just call or email me! After that we can discuss your particular needs and the process involved. These are the top 4 items we’ll discuss in our first chat:
1. What do you need?
Copywriters write the words that help market your products or services, so your first decision will be determining what you need. You may need one or more of the following types of copy:
- Blog posts
- Web content
- Direct marketing emails
- Basically anything you need to sell your business that involves wording
2. Be clear on your target audience. Take a moment to consider who your audience are as people. Are they male real estate agents who sell high end properties? Or female Economics university graduates? Or male and female travellers aged 24-30? You get the gist – the more specific the better for us copywriters!
3. Time frame. We’ll establish this pretty early on. I understand that sometimes the copy I prepare for you may form one part of a wider marketing strategy so it’s important to me that I can meet your expectations regarding timelines and due dates.
4. Key words for search engine optimisation (SEO). We’ll identify as many keywords as we can and then I’ll weave them into the copy. Once uploaded the wizards inside the google machine assess the document and can pull out keywords that people pop into the search bar. It is a very complex and inexact science, but simply put; quality content over time + key words = SEO = best chance of your blog/site landing on the first couple of pages of a google search.
Do you want to build your brand, establish credibility and grow customer loyalty? Contact me now so we can discuss how I can help you.